Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday Night Obsessions - Pretty Little Liars

Yesterday I posted a blog all about the books that I have to read, and I mentioned that I was organizing my book shelf, and all of the memories came back to me, obviously book memories. So while I was organizing this I came across one of my favorite book series:



*FYI I spent nearly an hour trying to set up the books

The Pretty Little Liars (PLL) series consist of the books:

  1. Pretty Little Liars
  2. Flawless
  3. Perfect
  4. Unbelievable
  5. Wicked
  6. Killer
  7. Heartless
  8. Wanted
  9. Twisted
  10. Ruthless
  11. Stunning
  12. Burned
  13. Crushed
  14. Deadly (To be released on December 3rd 2013)
  15. Toxic (To be released June 3rd 2014)
And the companion novels:
  • Pretty Little Secrets (Set between Unbelievable and Wicked)
  • Ali's Pretty Little Lies (Prequel to the series)
That seems like quite a lot of books, and yes, they are a lot of books, but once you start reading them you will not want to put the books down. Some people may think that it is the cliched teen girl books, but they are so much more, I mean, yes, the books obviously have the girly moments, teens are the target audience, but many parts of the books are really interesting and thrilling.

Pretty Little Liars is about a group of four friends - Aria Montgomery, Hannah Marin, Emily Fields and Spencer Hastings - that are trying to solve their best friend's Alison Dilaurentis murder.


Pretty Little Liars is also a TV show, it stars Lucy Hale as Aria, Ashley Benson as Hannah, Shay Mitchell as Emily Fields and Troian Bellisario as Spencer Hastings. This is show is also one of my obsessions, and it has been ever since it's premiere back in 2010.
Yes, watching the TV show is an option instead of reading all 15 books (as of november 2013), but the TV show is only BASED in the books, so both things are quite different.
I will not say the differences because then I would be spoiling the whole book series or the show, but I seriously recommend to watch the show and read the books, they are two completely different things.

How did I came across PLL?
Well, I had just finished watching the movie "Bring It On: In It To Win It" and I was wikipedia stalking Ashley Benson, when all of the sudden "Pretty Little Liars" appeared on the screen, I really liked the name so I clicked it (that was back in 2010, I only read stuff that sounded pretty). I read that it was going to premiere, i believe in june, and i immediately ordered all of the 8 books in amazon (the series was originally only going to be 8 books) and I became obsessed with them. I am also obsessed with the show, but that may be a whole new blog post.

I think that most of the teenage girls across america have heard of the books, or at least the show, so they may not be new to you, or maybe they are, who knows?
I absolutely love this book series, and I hope that you decide to read the books, either if you watch the series or not, they are pretty entertaining, or maybe not, depends on the type of person you are...

Well, that's all I have to say.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment