Thursday, August 29, 2013

VMA's

So;
everyone is talking about the VMA's right no, but they are not talking about the music, the fashion, or the N'SYNC w reunion, no. They are talking about Miley Cyrus's performance.

 A little background. 
The Video Music Awards, or the VMA's are a anual award show in MTV. This year it took place in the Barclays Ceter on Sunday August 25th.

Lets start with the pre show. LOVED Ariana Grande's performance, this is because she has AMAZING vocals. Austin Mahone, you were alright.


Lady Gaga opened the show, it was the first time I heard aplause, it was alright, I think that she has really high standards, and I think she did a really good job. And I also LOVED her dress, this are the three i should say "outfits" that she wore:
(stylab.com)
(style.mtv.com)
(mirror.co.uk)
If i'm not wrong, i believe that the next performance was Miley's, this pretty much sums up what I thought:
(eonline.com)
*Note: This wasn't directed to Miley, it was to Lady Gaga's Applause performance.

Here is a link to Miley's performance 

Sincerely I think that that is a really desperate act for attention. She is saying that she is showing the worlds who she really is, but I think that she is showing WAY too much of what she really is. Yes Lady Gaga and Katy Perry had over the top performances, but it’s a MADE UP character that suits them well, but I think that the Miley that we saw on the show was the real one. I didn’t watch her show while growing up, but the performance still disappointed me.
Moving on... My favorite performance was Justin Timberlake's. LOVED IT. Danced around in my room the whole performance. Also, the reunion was good, but for my opinion, it was WAY too short, I think that because the performance was buzzed a lot, my expectations were too high. But other than that, I loved it.

Makclemore's performance was really touching, specially in the part that Jennifer Hudson started singing, it was a pretty moment. 

Kanye's was, well, good.

Katy Perry's performance of Roar was well done, it was, also the first time that I heard this song. Critics are saying that it is wasy too similar to a song called Brave. Personally, I heard Katy's song first, and then Brave, but I much prefer Roar, not because i heard it first, but because I like her vocals much more.

So, those were my thoughts, I kind of was dissapointed that a 20 seconds stole the show completely, and i personally think thatthe Best Rock Performance Award should have been given DURING THE SHOW, NOT IN THE PRE-SHOW. But what can we do. MTV doesn't have the same glory that it had 20 years ago, and I don't really think that it is going to have, let's pray it gets better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment