Friday, November 8, 2013

Edgar Degas

Recently in my art class I have been researching about impressionism.

What is impressionism, you may ask...
Well, it is a style of art that was founded by a group of parisian artist back in the 19th century. The group was formed by artist like Claude Monet, Edgar Degas, Camille Pissarro, Paul Cezanne, Auguste Renoir, Alfred Sisley and Berthe Morisot.

Edgar Degas is probably one of my favorite painters, this is because, since I am a dancer, I love how he represents them in most of his paintings;
These are some of my personal favorites.
Dancer in her dressing room, 1879

Two dancers o stage, 1877

The step with battement, 1979

The green dancer, 1879

Dancers in pink 1885

Dance class at the opera, 1872
The main reason why I like so much Degas is because of the way that he captures the movement, and how he paints women so well, with every single detail.




No comments:

Post a Comment