Friday, October 25, 2013

Favorite Childhood Tv Shows





Today I'm going to share some of my favorite Tv shows while growing up, since its flashback friday and all that jazz...
I grew up during the late 90's early 2000's so lets say I'm a mix of both generations, but I would say that I was heavily influenced by the 90's considering the fact that most of my cousins and my siblings were from either the late 80's or the early 90's.
I still watch most of these Tv shows due to the fact that now Teen Nick airs "The 90's are all That" block. It creates this feeling that I'm a really small kid that doesn't have to worry about school, exams, boys (that is not a necessary one, but girls know how I feel) or any drama between friends
So, here they are, some of my favorite childhood memories;

Hey Arnold!


I absolutely adored that show, and still do, it is one of the first things that pop up in my mind when i think of when i was growing up. I remember that every time the theme song started playing I just danced like a crazy kid who had just eaten a lot of chocolate (I may, key word may, still do that) I mean, COME ON! who couldn't love that show and Arnold's huge crazy head, or love to hate Helga, I think every person, either boy or girl, can identify with her, due to the fact that when you are little you always dream about that one little kid, and sometimes when you want to get their attention you did really bad things to them, like make fun of their hair (maybe you still do that... ok, maybe I still do that, dont judge) 

Rocko's Modern Life

Before you start saying anything, YES, I do know that this show has VARIOUS sexual innuendos, but I still like it never the less, i think that that is the main reason why many grown ups still watch this show, even though it was targeted towards kids. This is a show that was introduced to me by my older sister, she loves this show, and as I got older I started loving it even more.

Kenan And Kel

I think that this was the first live action show that i couldn't live without. Kel always made me laugh really hard in each episode with how lost he always was, and how crazy was Kenan, because even though Kenan was really intelligent, he managed to get the two of them into trouble. Another thing that i really liked was Kenan's sister and how obsessed she was with Kel.
And come on, one of the best things was when Kel went crazy about orange soda and when he talked in third person and said "who loves orange soda? Kel loves orange soda. Is it true? Mm-hmm! I do, I do, I do, I do, I do-ooh!", I mean, it was the best part of the show.
Also, who doesn't love the theme song 

As Told By Ginger

This is a show that followed me all the way to my pre-teen years. I remember that I always wanted to have a diary just like Ginger had, and that I (unsuccessfully) tried to start various ones, only resulting on me having a bunch of journals piled up in my nightstand. One of the things that really made me watch this show was the fact that it touched real issues that could actually happen in real life, it was one of those few shows that absolutely nailed the character development, and even though they are animated, you feel like they are real people and you manage to connect with them. While I was writing this, i came across some episodes that were posted on youtube, here. I could definitely say that this is in my top 3 cartoons.

SpongeBob SquarePants

OBVIOUSLY only the first seasons, after that, it all went down hill.
This is one of the favorite shows of many people. There is nothing left to say THE FIRST SEASONS are neatly done, and the writing is hilarious, and the movie was really good, it was one of the few times that I actually went to the movies to watch an animated movie without being dragged by someone
And, is it just me, but I really want to go to Krabby Land. Also, who wouldn't like to taste a Krabby Patty, I would eat meat just to taste one of those delicious patties.

KaBlam

I really liked all of the segments of this show. I would have to say that some of my favorites were either Henry and June, or Action League Now!, yep, i was quite the tomboy during some part of my little life. Because of Henry and June I always wanted to have my hair of really weird colors, obviously my mom never let me dye it, I think I will do it sometime soon...
And Oh My God, Sniz And Fondue!!! AHHHHHH. I don't know why, but i loved how they talked, i found it really funny.
Rugrats

This show HAD to be on my list, it is a one of kind show. I always wanted to have an older brother like Tommy that would take me on adventures, and eat weird stuff with Phil and Lil. When I was a little older I really wanted to be friends with Susie, or maybe go on a adventure to Paris or to an island with all of the baby gang. I can't really express how much I ADORE this show. This is definitely on my top TV shows list. I also loved the addition of Kimi after the movie, she and Chucky were so adorable together as brother and sister.


All of my childhood memories were basically dominated by all of these TV shows. I absolutely couldn't change the nickelodeon channel from waking up, till I was sent to bed by my mom telling me that my eyes were going to dry out and that I wouldn't be able to see, and after that I would not be able to see any more Nicktoons, OH BOY, that could not happen. There are still plenty Tv shows that I haven't really written about, I will maybe do a part 2 some time soon, but until then I will just leave you with this few memories from my childhood, and maybe this made YOU reminisce about your childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment